Friday, January 13, 2012

The Real Estate Coach

Most little boys when they grow up have dreams of what they want to be when they grow up.  Most of them want to be baseball or basketball players, astronauts, cowboys, etc... I was different though, from a young age I always thought it would be great to be a teacher.  I suppose in the back of my mind the thought of having summers off sounded great, but ultimately I just enjoyed teaching.  I remember at a young age being so proud of myself when I taught my cousin how to tie his shoelaces!  I remember in the third grade how I got satisfaction from helping my fellow classmates with their multiplication tables! Years later it gives me great joy teaching others about passive income, being the landlord, how to get out of the rat race, and the real estate market.  I might not be a high school teacher today, but for a number of people I can be a mentor or, "the real estate coach".

When I first start investing I was so thirsty for knowledge. I read a bunch of books, listened to a number of tapes and went to a few real estate investor meetings, but I knew there was so much more information out there.  I wish that I had a mentor or a real estate coach that I could have gone to.  Someone that could specifically work with me.  Someone that could give me that hands on knowledge that I couldn't learn from a book or DVD.  How valuable would it have been to have someone there watching me as I started investing? Know that I've been investing for years, I can appreciate how important someone like that can be for a new investor.  What's so exciting for me is that today I have the opportunity to be that person.

Your real estate investing mentor,
Rob Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment